After owning and operating many operations in the field of business, sports and entertainment management, Joel Cohen’s friends in business would always ask, "how do you do it?" That's when I decided to start my own sports and entertainment management group.
A person cannot be an expert without working hard, listening and learning from the best people in their field of expertise. I have been a very fortunate individual as I have had the opportunity to work with many amazing individuals. So the lessons learned from over 35 years of sports and entertainment management form the foundation of our Master Plan formula.
Following is Joel Cohen's resume, Owner, President and CEO of The Joel Cohen Group.
The Joel Cohen Group, LLC
2005 - Present
Chairman, President, CEO, Professional Motorsports Executive, Owner Representation
Chairman of The Joel Cohen Group, LLC a management consulting firm focusing on owner representation, general business and professional entertainment. The Joel Cohen Group, LLC specializes in professional consulting & executive management with a track record of success in owning, operating and turning around businesses. The Cohen Plan consists of phases: Introduction, Identification, On-Site Evaluation and Recommendations. The Joel Cohen Group, LLC will then help develop and implement a Strategic Sustainable Master Plan for Success.
- Owner Representation
- Intellectual Capital
- Strategic Planning
- Process Improvement
- Contract Negotiations
- Maintain Sales & Operations Staff
- Program, Product and Delivery
- Facility Management Experience
Other Services Offered Through Affiliations
- Environmental Assessments
- Financial Business Planner Services
- General Feasibility Study
- Marketing Programs
- Noise Studies
- Traffic and Parking Studies
J & N Realty, Inc.
2001 - 2018
Vice President, Property Mangement
Checkered Flag Enterprises, LLC
1996 - 2013
Owner, Operator, CEO, COO, Marketing Director, Business Development, Promoter
- Managing Partner, Motorsports Consultant
- Identified, Evaluated, Developed & Implemented a Master Plan for Success
- Increased Fan Attendance, Driver Participation, Sponsorship Revenue
- Operated, Scheduled, Promoted over 1,000 Motorsports races, concerts and community events
- Created, Implemented Rules, Rules of Competition, Sanctioning Body
- Extensive experience selling sponsorships and negotiating media contracts
Quest Logic Investments LLC
2002 - 2012
President/CEO/Co-Founder/Owner - International Dairy Queen Multi Franchise Development
- Negotiated Purchase and Sale of the Zionsville Dairy Queen 2002-2012
- Negotiated Purchase and Sale of the Fortville Dairy Queen 2004-2012
- Negotiated Purchase and Sale of the Windermere & Allisonville Dairy Queen 2005-2012
- Negotiated Purchase and Sale of the Danville Dairy Queen 2011-2012
Century Cellular Network, Wholesale Cellular USA Inc., BrightPoint
1987 - 2010 (Global)
- 1987-1996 Century Cellular Network Inc. Indianapolis, In.
- 1989-1997 Wholesale Cellular USA, Inc. Global
- 1987-1997 BrightPoint NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol CELL
- 1998-2010 Shareholder
- President, CO-Founding Partner, Director of Business Development, Brand Development
- Started company with $20,000, 120 square foot office and turned into $13.5M IPO
- Secondary Offering raising $34M to help fund rapid Global Development & Expansion
- Company raised $180M by issuing a series of 20 year convertible bonds in 1997
- Market Cap shot up from $25M to a peak of more than $1 Billion including 35 acquisitions
- Owned & Operated Retail Wireless Stores Century Car Phones & Simply Wireless
- Increased sales from $175,000 to $2.8 million
- Managed 250 sales representatives in 9 states with 91 locations
- Implemented store in store concept within Nationwide Supermarkets
- Implemented training course for new recruits
- Negotiated sale of company to GTE Mobilnet/Verizon Wireless
Tickets Up Front USA Inc. & Tickets & Travel Inc.
1978 - 1996
- President & Founder of one of the Nation's Largest Ticket & Travel Agencies
- Increased Sales annual sales from $250,000 in 1979 to $3,000,000 in 1996
- First National Agency to establish relationships with Fortune 500 Companies
- Established a Nationwide Ticket & Travel Distribution Network
- Created and maintained America’s Number One National Ticket & Travel Website
- Negotiated and Finalized Sale in 1996
- One of the Founding Members of the National Association of Ticket Brokers
Achievements & Awards
- Zeta Bea Tau Member - Member, Vice President Bloomington, Indiana Chapter May 1981 – Present
- Indianapolis Business Journal - Forty under Forty Award Winner June 1998 – Present
- International Best Buddies - Supporter & Contributor September 2005 – Present
Best Buddies® is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
- Muscular Dystrophy Association - Supporter & Contributor September 2005 – Present
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is a voluntary national health agency — a dedicated partnership between scientists and concerned citizens aimed at conquering neuromuscular diseases that affect more than a million Americans. Your local MDA office is available to serve anyone with one of the diseases in the Association’s program. MDA today is one of the world's leading voluntary health agencies fostering research and medical care. Programs available through your local MDA office are funded almost entirely by individual private contributors.
Indiana University Bloomington
Bachelor's degree, Criminal Law, Psychology General Business 1981 – 1985
- Family, Sports, Success, Creating Shareholder Value. Executive Management
- Joel enjoys Consulting where he can effectively contribute his experience and leadership skills.
- Joel’s approach centers on Listening "Two Ears, One Mouth approach."